Tamar Weinberg is a passionate sales leader, freelance writer, and digital marketing strategist. She is also the author of The New Community Rules: Marketing on the Social Web (O'Reilly, July 2009), a primer to social media marketing. Tamar is based in New York with her husband, son, and daughter.
Tamar has worked with all types of clients globally: nonprofits, charities, governmental agencies, startups, universities, insurance services, marketing software, B2B, B2C, media agencies, and Fortune 500 clients, among others. Her expertise lies in selling creative solutions, but also in client relations: she manages inbound sales, and has elected to be "on call" to screen through sales requests from morning until night, which gives clients the confidence that she is available to help at any time, and also keeps Mashable top of mind. As an amazing multitasker who is always able to put the client forward first, Tamar takes pride in how effective this real time communication has translated into customer loyalty and repeat business.
Before diving deep into sales, Tamar has established her online presence by writing for numerous blogs and media publications in a variety of fields, from tech to travel. These sites include:
- Techipedia, Tamar's primary blog focused on social media and internet marketing.
- Mashable, one of the world's premier media sites on the digital connected generation.
- Macgasm, a Mac blog, where Windows-aficonado Tamar actually reviews iPod apps since she actually doesn't use Macs.
- Search Engine Roundtable, the world's leading blog on search marketing forum discussion.
- Real Simple: Simply Stated, a gadget review blog from the Time Inc. magazine publication on the simple and organized life.
- Lateral Action, a blog that is encircled around the notion that creativity and productivity yields success.
- Touchbase Blog by Pistachio Consulting, a blog on microblogging and microsharing tools. Tamar is the editor of the Touchbase Blog.
- Schwag Addict, a weblog showcasing freebies from a variety of conferences, inc luding reviews on gadgets and product offerings.
- Lifehacker, a blog with an emphasis on technology, productivity, and free software that helps you get things done.
- BlueGlass, a blog on search news and social media.
- Podfly, a blog featuring news on podcasts and podcasting.
- Pixelopera, a photographic journey into New York City and beyond.
- Photocritique, a blog about photography and photography tips.
- Ramblings of a System Administrator, a weblog about tips and tricks related to system administration, particularly on Linux.