Tamar Weinberg is a freelance writer and internet marketing consultant specializing in blogger outreach, viral marketing, and social media. She is also the author of The New Community Rules: Marketing on the Social Web (O'Reilly, July 2009), a primer to social media marketing. Tamar is based in New York City with her husband and son.
Tamar has written for numerous blogs in a variety of fields, from tech to travel. These blogs include:
- Techipedia, Tamar's primary blog focused on social media and internet marketing.
- Mashable, one of the world's premier weblogs on social networking news.
- Macgasm, a Mac blog, where Windows-aficonado Tamar actually reviews iPod apps since she actually doesn't use Macs.
- Search Engine Roundtable, the world's leading blog on search marketing forum discussion.
- Real Simple: Simply Stated, a new gadget review blog from the Time Inc. magazine publication on the simple and organized life.
- Lateral Action, a blog that is encircled around the notion that creativity and productivity yields success.
- Touchbase Blog by Pistachio Consulting, a blog on microblogging and microsharing tools. Tamar is the editor of the Touchbase Blog.
- Schwag Addict, a weblog showcasing freebies from a variety of conferences, inc luding reviews on gadgets and product offerings.
- Lifehacker, a blog with an emphasis on technology, productivity, and free software that helps you get things done.
- 10e20, a blog on search news and social media.
- Podfly, a blog featuring news on podcasts and podcasting.
- Pixelopera, a photographic journey into New York City and beyond.
- Photocritique, a blog about photography and photography tips.
- Ramblings of a System Administrator, a weblog about tips and tricks related to system administration, particularly on Linux.